Saturday, November 24, 2012

Movie Review- "The Life of Pi"

Ok, I went into this without knowing anything about the plot whatsoever. I only heard that the 3D was amazing. So, I went to see this to be visually entertained, which I was. For those that are constantly on the internet, I'm sure you have heard that this movie makes the 3D in "Avatar" look "Avatarded". Lame joke, I know. But, it is very true in this instance. The 3D was beyond spectacular. Beautiful use of colors, and a great story to boot.

Although this is a "religious movie", it doesn't necessarily force you to think a certain way. It is not so much "preachy", but it does educate you into a way of thinking. It touches on 3 religions: Catholicism, Islam, and Hindu. But, it doesn't say "Hey! Be this religion". With that in mind, I loved this movie. The last movie I saw that would be considered "religious" would be "The Book of Eli", and even that was not preachy. While this movie does focus more on spirituality than religion, it doesn't go overboard. The spirituality is an important part of the plot.

The movie was so well-written that the story hooks you, and you are swept into this story. And it is fun and exciting. There are quite a few "edge-of-your-seat" moments, which is something I personally have not experienced much in the theaters (I think the last movie to have me on the edge of my seat was "The Avengers").

So: Great plot, stunning visual effects, characters that we could relate to (animal or human), a movie that keeps you thinking even after the end credits roll. This movie seemed to have it all. Definitely recommended that you see it... in 3D!

My Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment