As a struggling writer of short stories, I could relate to the idea of this movie. And this movie does not disappoint much. Bradly Cooper and Zoe Saldana had great chemistry on screen. This movie was multi-layered. It, in essence, was a story within a story within a story. It was portrayed in a great, engaging way, dealing with an emotional struggle many writers go through.
From the moment the movie starts, it just pulls you in and never lets go. I did find Dennis Quaid and Olivia Wilde's chemistry to be a bit off-putting at first, but there was just something about it that really worked. Jeremy Irons worked really well as an unnamed old man who is integral to the plot of the film. This was probably the most emotional movie I have seen so far this year.
My only real complaint about the movie was the ending. I personally thought that an important piece of information was going to be revealed, but the movie ended before it was revealed. I may be wrong about this information, but it would have been nice to have it confirmed.
Final Rating: A-
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment