Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Movie Review- "Branded"

The trailers for this movie did not get much air play. I only saw the trailer once. Maybe I misinterpreted what I saw. I got the impression that this was going to be a comical satire on mass consumerism. And had they kept this in a humorous light, then this would have been a really good movie.

However, they kept a mostly serious tone throughout the movie. For the first half of the movie, it did seem as if the scenes lasted 5 minutes each, then faded to black. And the awful, monotone narrator was very boring for the first half, along with the awkward musical cues.

But, as the film crossed into the second half, it did seem to pick up a bit. I had high hopes for this, as Leelee Sobieski was in this, but her character had no depth, I thought the main actor did an ok job for what he had. I'm upset that this movie had great potential, but was ultimately letdown.

I would not recommend this at all. Sorry, folks.

Final Rating: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment