Friday, February 13, 2015

Top 5 Spider-Man Villains that Should Appear On-Screen

The Top 5 Spider-Man Villains That Should Appear On-Screen

With the Spider-Man movie that I have seen, I am very surprised that Sony & Marvel have not been using their potential to give Spider-Man fans (like myself) genuine villains that we deserve to see. So, here is my Top 5 Villains that I think would do well on-screen.

#5- The Chameleon

When the Chameleon first appeared, he was just a simple man with masks and disguises. I think this angle could really work well. The mask angle worked for Tom Cruise in the first "Mission: Impossible" movies. And I think it would work well for the Chameleon too. For suspense, we should never see him beneath his mask. Kind of like Hugo Weaving as V in "V For Vendetta". It would work well also, to have the camera angle INSIDE the mask, looking out the eye slits.

#4- Kraven the Hunter

I thought this choice should be logical. Kraven and Chameleon are half brothers. In the regular Spider-Man universe, the Chameleon asks for Kraven's help to get rid of Spider-Man. I think, with a great script, that this would be a terrific one-shot movie. Kraven is a hunter/trapper, so "catching his prey" could carry the whole movie.

#3- Man-Wolf

Ok,  I know what you are thinking. Not the most well-known villain. However, Man-Wolf is John Jameson... J. Jonah Jameson's son. It would be a brilliant way to bring JK Simmons back as JJJ. The emotional connection works well in knowing that Spider-Man has to be careful with how he handles any situation Man-Wolf creates.

#2- Hobgoblin

One of my personal favorites. When the Hobgoblin first appeared, they wrote the issues like a mystery. If they set up the "Who is the Hobgoblin?" like the mystery in the comic books, then the movie would be outstanding. Considering who the Hobgoblin actually turned out to be, it would actually be a better idea to change who it is for the movie. Someone the viewers actually have heard of and know. I love a good mystery.

#1- Mysterio

Believe it or not, this is what I dream of seeing on-screen most. This character, in this costume. Mysterio, ultimately, is an illusionist. It would be great to have Spider-Man battle someone in the meeting of the minds. Considering that Mysterio is an illusionist, I think it would be a phenomenal idea if the filmmakers would also mess with the audience watching the movie also. Like, maybe show Spider-man thinking he is going crazy throughout half the movie, then have this guy show up. There is so much potential with this character, I can't possibly type everything I'm thinking in my head right now.

Thank you for taking time to read this. Please feel free to leave me a comment below. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment