My theater was having a one night only special showing of this, so I went to see it. I had never seen it before, but know that Gene Kelly is a legendary performer... and this movie proves it. The movie also features a young Debbie Reynolds, back when she was just starting out and she did an awesome job. And Donald O'Connor was hilarious in his role as the #2 man.
The plot is easy to follow. Every time Donald O'Connor was onscreen, you just had to laugh. He was hilarious is every scene he was in. All the dance sequences were choreographed beautifully. It's easy to see why this is a classic film. Jean Hagen was just hysterical as the "villain" of the film. You just loved to hate her.
My only complaint about this film is that there seemed to be one scene that didn't really "fit" with the rest of the movie. It had Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse. Don't get me wrong. The dancing was beautiful, even if it did seem to drag on a bit. The scene was shot beautifully, but I guess I am just having trouble seeing where it fit into the plot of the film. But, like I said, very minor complaint.
My Final Rating: A-
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment