Ok, let me start off by saying that I like Wes Anderson's style of filmmaking but have only seen a few of his movies. From what i have seen, he does have an artsy feel to his films. With "Moonrise Kingdom", the opening sequence did not really "pull me in", so to speak. It actually starts off a little slow and boring, but the movie does pick up speed very quickly, as we are introduced to the two kids this film centers around. And the two kids played their parts perfectly. These two have bright futures as actors.
The adults in the movie were kind of hit and miss for me. Bruce Willis and Frances McDormand were really great and filled their respective roles well. But, I personally felt that Bill Murray or Edward Norton's characters in the film lacked any real depth. I did not get a feeling about how they were as characters. But, after the story gets going, the adults kid of lose focus and we start caring more about the kids. This was a nice, innocent tale of romance. The chemistry between the kids paid off. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if their kiss in the film made someone's Top Ten list of Best On-Screen Kiss. It was just sweet and innocent. I left the movie with a smile, feeling good.
My Overall Rating: B+
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment